Yale Center for Business and the Environment
The Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) joins the strengths of two world-renowned graduate schools—the Yale School of Management (SOM) and the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies (F&ES)—together with a global network of thought leaders and practitioners working at the interface of business and the environment.
Home to the oldest and nationally preeminent joint-degree program in business and the environment, CBEY addresses the need for both environmentally minded business leaders and skilled managers in environmental organizations. Graduates of the joint-degree program assume leadership roles in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors and are addressing one of the central management challenges of the twenty-first century: our transition to a sustainable economy.
Driven by student interest, we develop partnerships to (1) build and support a community of curious and resourceful individuals who are finding pathways to action; (2) incubate and multiply transformative solutions that address big societal challenges; and (3) provide a connective platform to accelerate learning and collaboration in targeted professional networks. Our core program areas include finance and markets, innovation and entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and systems change, and technology-enabled learning.
The center’s activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support for the three-year joint M.B.A.-Environment degree program and advancing joint programs between F&ES and SOM
- Hosting speakers and seminars on corporate sustainability, entrepreneurship, ecosystem services, energy efficiency and innovation, and sustainable finance
- Sponsoring workshops, grants, and prizes to support social and environmental entrepreneurship
- Producing high-quality news publications focused on financing for renewable energy and environmental conservation
- Developing research publications, case studies, and new courses
- Coordinating research fellowships or internships in corporate environmental management and strategy, renewable energy finance, conservation finance, and community-based marketing
To learn more, visit http://cbey.yale.edu.