Retrieve & Activate Your NetID
All incoming Yale College students are automatically assigned a NetID—usually the student’s initials followed by a number—which is a username that allows access to the campus network and its many online systems. Along with a password of your choosing, a NetID also gives you access to the following:
- All first-year forms and applications
- ID card photo upload
- Yale email accounts
- Billing account information
- Online payment
- Course information and registration
You will receive an email notification when your NetID is ready to be retrieved and activated. Please note that it takes two days after you accept Yale's offer of admission for your net id to be ready. Once you have received this notice, please use the link below.
- Choose "Undergraduate Student" and click "Continue"
- Click on the box "Yale Admissions Status Portal Login" (Do not use the bottom section that asks for an 8 character pin and birth date)
- Add your Eli Account ID and password and click "login"
- Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page
- Before you close this page write down your assigned NetID and the personal password that you chose in a safe place.