- Housing Accommodation for Students with Medical Conditions and Disabilities Deadline May 6
- Required Health Forms Deadline August 1
- Waive parts of Health Coverage Deadline September 15, the enrolled student’s netID and password are required to log into the submission site
Yale Health Information
All students enrolled at least half time in a Yale degree program are provided with Basic Coverage at the Yale Health Center, located at 55 Lock Street. Yale Health Basic Coverage includes the following services at no charge:
- Primary care through the Student Health Department, including routine, ongoing, and wellness care as well as same-day care to accommodate immediate health issues. Services of specialty physicians are not covered unless you purchase Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care (see below)
- Gynecology services, including annual exams and Pap smears through the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
- Preventive medicine services, such as flu shots
- Laboratory services
- Access to care after hours and on weekends and holidays through the Acute Care Department
- Mental health services through the Mental Health & Counseling Department
- Use of the Inpatient Care Department (infirmary)
Students enrolled at least half time in a Yale degree program are also automatically enrolled in and billed a fee for Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care. You may waive this coverage if you have comparable coverage through an alternate insurance carrier. To determine which level of coverage is right for you, please review the “Student Guide to Yale Health” (PDF) and the “Yale Health Student Handbook.” You will receive an e-mail in June with instructions on how to waive Hospitalization/Specialty Care. If you have any questions, please call Member Services at 203-432-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Immunizations and Forms
Yale University requires students to complete immunization and health forms by August 1. Please note, the completion of the immunization requirements can take several months, so start this process as soon as you can. For instructions and forms, visit the New Undergraduate Student Forms page of the Yale Health web site.
Disability or Medical Conditions (including environmental allergies)
If you have a disability or medical condition (including environmental allergies), you must request special consideration in rooming by May 6. Click here for instructions.