Executive M.P.H. Program
Martin Klein, M.P.H., Ph.D., Director
The two-year, part-time, Executive M.P.H. Program combines online education with in-person management and leadership to provide training to:
- Individuals with a bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant work experience;
- Individuals with a master’s degree and at least two years of relevant work experience; and,
- Individuals with a doctoral (or international equivalent) degree in a field related to public health (e.g., physicians, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, veterinarians, attorneys, and those with a doctorate in the biological, behavioral, or social sciences).
The program is designed for mature individuals with clear goals in public health.
Students can enter the program to gain skills in the public health sciences and to prepare for careers in a variety of settings, including academia; local, national, or international public health agencies; industry; and nonprofit foundations and research organizations.
Students select one of four tracks: Health Informatics, Environmental Health Sciences, Critical Topics in Public Health, or Applied Analytic Methods and Epidemiology. All students are required to select one track when applying. They may also select a second track upon enrollment or combine courses from the remaining tracks as electives in order to meet the six-course requirement. The program begins with a five-day onsite intensive in late June followed by two years of part-time study that combines online courses and two additional onsite intensives.
|EPH 530E||Design Thinking in Public Health Systems||.5|
|EPH 531E||Strategic Management in Complex Systems||.5|
|EPH 532E||Leading Effective Teams||.5|
|EPH 533E||Foundations of Behavior Change||1|
|EPH 534E||Foundations of Epidemiology and Public Health||1|
|EPH 535E||Biostatistics in Public Health||1|
|EPH 536E||Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Public Health||1|
|EPH 537E||Frontiers of Public Health||1|
|EPH 538E||Health Policy and Health Care Systems||1|
|EPH 539E||Ethics in Public Health||.5|
|EPH 540E||Executive Online M.P.H. Capstone||1|
|EPH 541E||Executive Online M.P.H. Capstone||1|
Health Informatics Track
|BIS 542E||Introduction to Health Informatics||1|
|BIS 543E||Topics in Biomedical Informatics and Data Science||1|
|BIS 544E||Computational Methods for Informatics||1|
Environmental Health Sciences Track
|EHS 540E||Environmental Exposure Assessment||1|
|EHS 541E||Hazard Identification||1|
|EHS 542E||Risk Assessment and Policy||1|
Critical Topics in Public Health Track
|EMD 542E||Introduction to Public Health Modeling||1|
|HPM 541E||Leading Transformational Change||1|
|SBS 540E||Monitoring and Evaluation||1|
Applied Analytic Methods and Epidemiology Track
|CDE 540E||Principles of Epidemiology II||1|
|CDE 541E||Applied Analytic Methods in Epidemiology||1|
|CDE 542E||Advanced Applied Analytic Methods in Epidemiology and Public Health||1|
Upon completing the Executive M.P.H. Program, the student will be able to:
- Develop solutions for complex health challenges through user-centered design principles and practices.
- Propose managerial approaches to address organizational challenges.
- Evaluate different types of evidence to propose sustainable, evidence-based solutions to address key public health challenges.
- Compare and contrast multiple perspectives on an important public health problem.
- Justify the use of appropriate epidemiological and biostatistical methods to draw inferences from public health data.