Anti-Drug Abuse Act Certification

To receive Title IV funds (Federal Direct or Federal Work-Study [FWS]) a student must complete a Statement of Educational Purpose that certifies whether or not there is a record of the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while that student was receiving federal student aid (section 5301 of P.L. 100-690). This statement also confirms that the individual has registered for Selective Service (if male) or states the reason why he is not required to do so.If required to do so, a student must be registered with SelectiveService.If false information is purposely given on this form, the student may be subject to fine or imprisonment or both (20 U.S.C. 1091 and 50 U.S.C. App. 462).