Funding for Master’s Student Projects and Activities

Master’s students often seek funding for research, professional activities, and social events. Sometimes the request is for an individual activity, sometimes it is on behalf of a group. Students can apply to several funds at Yale University and the Yale School of the Environment. The following are some of the more useful opportunities:

  • Master’s Student Travel Fund to support attendance at a conference or symposium for networking.
  • The Carpenter-Sperry Fund for attendance at a conference or symposium at which a student is giving a research talk.
  • MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies, which can help bring international visitors to Yale for a lecture or a conference.
  • Student Affairs Committee (SAC), which supports activities by our many student interest groups (SIGs).
  • YSE Community Events Fund, administered by the Dean’s Office, which supports student events and conferences.
  • Class of ’80 Student Project Fund, administered by the School’s Office of Development and Alumni Services, to enrich the quality of life of the student body.
  • Graduate Student Assembly Conference Travel Fund which awards travel funds to graduate students.