Student Complaints

A. Office of Institutional Equity and Access Complaint Procedures

Any student at Yale who is concerned about affirmative action, equal opportunity, sexual harassment, racial harassment, or fairness in admissions or employment at Yale, either in a general sense or with respect to his or her own situation, is encouraged to contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Access.  The Office of Institutional Equity and Access complaint procedures can be reviewed here.

B. Complaints of sexual misconduct

The University-Wide Committee on Sexual Misconduct (UWC) is available to hear all student complaints of sexual misconduct. It has sole disciplinary authority over Yale College students charged with sexual misconduct and recommends penalties to the dean of Yale College. The UWC is appointed and authorized to act by the provost.

C. Nonacademic complaints

An undergraduate may bring a complaint of a nonacademic infraction to the attention of the Executive Committee only in conjunction with his or her residential college head, residential college dean, a member of the Yale College Dean’s Office, a human relations counselor, the College or University's Title IX Coordinator, a member of the President's Committee on Racial and Ethnic Harassment, or the Yale Police Department. (See Disciplinary Procedures of the Executive Committee of Yale College.)