Two Federal Regulations Governing Title IV Financial Aid Programs

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Federal regulations require that students be making satisfactory academic progress each year in order to be eligible for Title IV funding (i.e., federal loans, Javits Fellowships, and College Work-Study). The standards by which satisfactory academic progress is measured are determined by the Graduate School and by individual departments. See Degree-Granting Departments and Programs in this bulletin for more information.

Department of Education Refund Policy

Students receiving Title IV financial assistance who withdraw during a term will have their Title IV assistance adjusted according to a formula specified by the Department of Education. Please consult the Office of Financial Aid, 246 Church St.