YCPS and Related Information
Yale College Programs of Study (YCPS) is the primary source of information about the curriculum of Yale College. Published online in late-March, the YCPS contains the official listing of Yale College program requirements and academic regulations. A complete and up-to-date list of courses is available on Yale Course Search. The publication date for the YCPS has been set so that the online catalog is available to students well before the opening of classes. It is from that publication date that the schedule works backward, and the schedule cannot be breached without jeopardy to the publication itself. The deadline for YCPS copy falls in mid-January, but there is some opportunity throughout February for DUSes to submit changes as they arise. Once YCPS is published, changes to the Overview section of each major cannot be changed until the next editing cycle.
The Yale College Dean's Office website includes a section specifically for first-year students. It includes Yale College policies concerning acceleration and is also a source of information about placement policies in departments offering multiple levels of introductory and intermediate courses.
The Advising Resources website provides a variety of resources for first- and second-year students and their advisers. The site offers information about selecting courses and majors, advising, and the Yale College distributional requirements, as well as a calendar of events relevant to first years and sophomores.
It is the responsibility of the DUS to gather and transmit updates for all these publications as requested. Because the methods and timetables by which departments plan their curricula vary, some DUSes may find that they must remind their colleagues of the stringency of the deadlines.
Questions about the publications and topics below may be directed to the contact listed.
- Yale College Programs of Study (YCPS): Beth Baumgartel, Assistant University Registrar, 246 Church Street
- DUS Handbook: Beth Baumgartel, Assistant University Registrar, 246 Church Street
- Handbook for Instructors of Undergraduates in Yale College: Beth Baumgartel, Assistant University Registrar, 246 Church Street
- Calendar for the Opening Days of College: Hannah Peck, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, 110 SSS
- Advising Resources website: Risa Sodi, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs & Director of Advising and Special Programs, SSS 32
- CourseLeaf CIM form: Beth Baumgartel, Secretary to the Chair of the Course of Study Committee, 246 Church Street
- Room assignments: Rashaun Durden, Assistant University Registrar, 246 Church Street